DEdit Advanced – Creating Invisible Walls
In case you want to block off an area or prevent the player from getting stuck in complex geometry, you want to create an invisible wall. This section describes how I do it.
What you need:
- A Brush
- A destinctable texture e.g. TEXTURES\DOORTEST.DTX
- A Door Object
- Create a new brush where you want the invisible wall to be
- Set only Solid to TRUE and Invisible to TRUE
- Select the brush and bind it to a door object
- Make sure both the brush and the object have the same name
If the bound brushes are L-shaped make sure to set the door objects BoxPhysics to TRUE otherwise the brush is seen as a box the player cannot enter.